3/31/11

hit the street

I had my first class at the New England School of Photography last nite.  It's safe to say it pretty much rocked.  Our teacher is amazingly talented, smart, and also funny and extremely likeable.  The class is going to be awesome.  We're going on field trips!  Who knew I would be so excited about field trips!?  Our homework this week: shallow & deep depth of field.  I'm mulling it over....will report back when I figure out what I'm doing.

We did the typical first-class-go-around-the-room-and-introduce-yourself-thing and I found out that a number of my classmates are interested in 'street photography'. It's pretty self explanatory what that is, but it's something I've never given much thought to until now.  I have to admit I had no ideas for today's post so on my way home I whipped out my iPhone and started surreptitiously snapping photos.  I had my real camera with me but I'm just not bold enough to take it out in public yet.  I feel too self conscious. Plus, I think it's illegal to take photos on the MBTA.

Taking photos of strangers without their permission is scary.  Is that guy going to kick my ass because I just took his photo. ...maybe.



Long Day...


Subway love


The 34.


I used an iPhone app called Hipstamatic which is wicked cool yes I'm from Connecticut but I've lived in Boston since 1997 so I'm allowed to say wicked in blog posts.   I've read Instagram is good, too, although I haven't tried it yet.





1 comment:

  1. Instagram is good too, but I like Hipstamatic better. And yes, it is illegal to take pictures on/of the T, though you can often get away with it if you are covert, such as you were. So happy you love your class! Yay!

    ReplyDelete