| ISO 1600, f/7.1, 1/10, 28mm |
What's better than a super fun and easy craft project on Friday? We're in the Easter spirit around here and decided to do some decorating today. Mostly Ben just wanted to eat the chocolate. OK, so did I.
So if you're inclined to make such a wreath. This is what you'll need.
1. 2lbs of chocolate (I bought 1.5 and had to go back to the store for more. boo.)
| ISO 800, f/7.1, 1/6, 28mm |
2. A helper.
| ISO 400, f/5.6, 1/30, 41mm |
3. A glue gun! I was a glue gun virgin until today. I LOVE it. My new favorite crafting toy. Photo by ben, of course.
4. A 12" metal wreath and some festive ribbon. I put the ribbon on before the candy.
| ISO 400, f/5.6, 1/40, 41mm |
I started with the inside circle. It helps if you have an OCD 4 year old "grouping" and "organizing" the colors. Although random really looks best, IMO. On a sidenote, I had a hard time photographing these candies. The reflection from the wrappers and the black counter top = not a good photo. If I were one of those crafty bloggers I would know how to handle this kind of thing better.
Finish the inside circle and the outside circle.
Then fill in the middle. I started to get the hang of the glue gun by this point. I'm still trying to decide if we can eat this candy after Easter or if the glue will seep through the wrappers.... opinions?
Some for me....and some for me....
| ISO 800, f/2.8, 1/250, 50mm |
The finished product! Let's hope the mailman doesn't have a sweet tooth because it smells like some serious chocolate at my front door....
ok, so that is a totally awesome project and I am totally stealing it! second, what a fun mom you are. third, great photos. and fourth, look at you a blogging queen!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, eat the candy, what's a little glue!!! -- hope there's some left for us when we get there! I can almost smell it from here....
ReplyDeletethanks, whoever you are... i don't know how posting comments works here. is it an annoying process where you have to sign up for something? if you don't want to sign up for anything, just sign your name to your comments so I know who you are.. thanks!
ReplyDeleteThe first one was me, Jenny :) I have no idea why it wouldn't let me put my name in, kept making me post as anonymous. usually I can comment as jj which is the blogger name I have on my own blog.
ReplyDelete