6/12/11

new toy

I bought a flash for my camera. I guess it's something I thought I'd never do. After all, one major reason I bought a DSLR camera in the first place was because I wanted to be able to take good photos without a flash.  But after three of the 9 weeks of my class at NESOP were dedicated to flash photography, I realized there may be some benefit to owning a flash. For example, did you know it really helps to use a flash on a sunny day?  It helps to fill those raccoon eyes you see on people's faces in bright sunlight.  Furthermore, in a dark indoor setting it would probably be better to use a flash with a diffuser rather than pumping up the ISO (thereby creating some serious noise in my images).

Right out of the box, I practiced some flash shots with my two ever present live-in models.  The color on their faces is even and soft (I used a diffuser), but it kind of doesn't look very natural to me.  I guess I'm just not very comfortable with the whole thing yet. Or maybe there is something I need to learn. The instruction manual is still sitting in the box it came in.
always with her baby

little miss attitude
his father's eyelashes

No comments:

Post a Comment