6/1/11

bad boyfriend

My friend Liv says photography is like a bad boyfriend and I'm beginning to think she's right.

Maybe you know him.  He's really attractive and knows it.  Confident and charming - all the ladies love him.  He calls twice in one day and says all of the right things, then goes missing for three days in a row.  Asks if he can borrow your grill for a BBQ he's having on his roof deck, then fails to invite you to the party (true story!).   You swear you're all done with this jerk but then in the nick of time he swoops back in with a sweet gesture or an adorable grin and (sigh) you're infatuated again.

I have been disappointed with a lot of photos I've taken lately. Hardly any seemed good from our trip to NYC.  In my defense it's so hard to take any photos at all, even bad ones, with kids around.  Especially when the kids are sick. Forget about it.  But even after the trip - more boring bad photos.  Can I really do this photography thing?  There are so many people out there that want to be, and are, great photographers.  Sometimes the voice in my head says maybe I should give up now and save myself a lot of trouble.

But then this past Sunday night I was loading shots from the day and this one popped up.  My heart literally skipped a beat.....I think I'm in love again.
Lillian's Profile
ISO 100, f/4.5, 1/1000, 35mm


and here is the runner up:
pigtails and fingers
ISO 100, f/4.5, 1/1000, 35mm

3 comments:

  1. ... Please never give up - we really LOVE your pics ... Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohhh nooooo, don't give up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart skipped a beat when I saw the photo too. Don't stop. You can't even if you wanted to.

    (And don't beat yourself up so hard about the bad days/shots. We all have them. And if they say they don't, they're lying.)

    ReplyDelete