5/29/11

Note to self

Art museums are not for the under 5 set.

We checked out the ICA for the first time today.  It was perfect weather for heading into Boston and we were the very first guests in the museum when the doors opened.  The exhibits seemed interesting from a distance.  But every time I tried to stop to read a description Lillian complained loudly and I felt like I had to move on.  When I received my third scolding from museum staff within 15 minutes of my visit, I began to think bringing the kids was a mistake.  I did my best to see the art, but really, it just wasn't happening. Another time, perhaps.   (FYI: no running, no loud voices, no going within a foot of exhibits)

I got this shot about 5 minutes before I was told that cameras are not allowed (scolding #4).

art wall
Nevertheless, the waterfront location of the ICA is great and we ended up spending most of our time outside the museum itself.
Financial District to World Trade Center Pano
Best part of the museum?  Getting to keep the 3D glasses from an exhibit I hardly got a chance to look at.  



In other news
Someone's getting ready for a big girl bed!


sharing babies with daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment