5/15/11

The Button Jar

ISO 1600, f/3.5, 1/50, 28mm

For as long as I can remember there was a big glass Button Jar sitting on my mom's sewing desk in the kitchen.  And now, since my childhood house has been sold and my mom lives in my attic :), it sits in my kitchen window.  Deposits and withdrawals have been made over the years, but the jar maintains it's eclectic mix of old and new, funky and classic, stylish and retro.  For any crafty mama it is a jar of pure inspiration.   

I stared at these buttons a long time tonight.  If they could talk, what would they say?  Each one has a story.      How about those two tiny green squirrels?  Do you see them?  Where have they been?  And those big white ones?  Those are some of my favorites.  What parties have they been to?  And the old fashioned gold flowery ones.  What old lady lapel did they ride on?    

All of this said, I am cooking up a new project.  If I can ever get the kids to bed before 9pm I will work on it and of course share it here.  Stay tuned....

1 comment: