12/20/11

37


Being almost 40 sounds yucky.  I found out I have arthritis in my foot this year (btw, wtf?)  I have to hold onto the railing when I go down the stairs in the morning because my muscles don't wake up the second I get out of bed anymore.  These days, it will take me until about 2pm plus drinking about 64oz of water plus drinking 3 cups of coffee to recover from a prior night of drinking too much.  And it's getting way more uncomfortable to do those backbend poses in yoga.  

But so many things are getting better with age.  
1. I am slowly learning to worry less.  If it's not going to be a big deal in 1 year than it's probably not a big deal right now.  
2. I am trying to have no regrets.  You can't change history so why waste time worrying about it?  
3. I am trying to find something good about everyone I meet.
4. I am figuring out how to be present more.  Definitely not always easy.  
5. I treat myself to something every day.  Usually wine & coffee.  
6. I am trying not to say no when an opportunity arises, just because I'm feeling lazy or I'm a little worried about how things will turn out. 
7. And of course, last but not least, I have finally found something in life to be passionate about.  This photography thing has changed me forever. No going back.

I think 4 and 7 might be two of the keys to a happy life. But who am I to say? I'm no old sage. I'm only 37.

In some cultures, birthdays are not necessarily related to a person's age, rather they are a celebration that acknowledges a period of growth or a milestone achieved, irrespective of the number of days since the last party.  Although it has been 365 days since my last official birthday, I do believe I am due for a 'period of growth' celebration, too!



There is no place I'd rather be.

2 comments:

  1. You are so beautiful! Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!! you are truly my inspiration! I hope that I can figure out what makes me happy by the time I turn 37....time is running out :) I think you're in a pretty good place, lady.

    ReplyDelete