I ran a marathon once. Second to childbirth it was the hardest thing I've ever done. It was the 2001 Burlington, VT marathon and I finished in 5 hours and 19 minutes. I'm not exactly an elite runner, but second to being a mom, it is the accomplishment in my life of which I am most proud.
Watching the Boston Marathon is so much fun. The spectators are typical Boston sports fans: enthusiastic and loud. And the runners make it look so easy. Ok, to be fair, we only stayed long enough to see those who were on pace to finish in less than 3 hours. I know the runners later on make it look not so easy. I have always thought I'd run Boston some year before I turn 40 and my time is running out. It's on my "maybe" bucket list.
Here are some shots from this morning. (As a sidenote, in class I just learned that you have to use a higher ISO for sports photography. These are almost all either 800 or 1600, which is how I was able to sufficiently freeze the action)
 |
| front row seats |
 |
| closer look |
 |
| water station |
 |
| tired just watching |
I ran my marathon before the age of the digital camera. I photographed these from my scrapbook this afternoon:
Anyone recognize this girl? Because I don't...
 |
| last minute carb loading |
 |
| maybe mile 5 or 7? looking better than that girl next to me! |
 |
| that was really hard! |
 |
| the heavy heavy MEDAL. makes it all worthwhile. |
Oh, I remember that day in VT -- so proud of you but how awful you looked coming over the finish line. Please don't make us go through that again!!
ReplyDeleteif you ever decide to run another one, I'll train with you. It's on my bucket list too! great photos! I love "tired just watching" hahaaha.
ReplyDelete